Sunday, September 9, 2012

Farewell My Friend: Ron Taylor 9 Sept. 2012




I have just heard the sad news. I am still in disbelief. Ron Taylor has sadly passed away after a long fight with   Leukaemia. He was 78.

Ron, together with his wife Valerie, beside being world famous Underwater Film makers / photographers was also a pioneer in Shark Conservation.  The couple had both started as Champion Spear Fishing divers but soon turned to marine conservation. They became World famous for their work especially with sharks.
Who can forget the amazing images of "Blue Water, White Death."

Those that know me, know that Ron & Valerie have been my life long inspiration. I have never met them personally, but in the past years, we have been in contact via email. Ron was always cheerful, gentle and very helpful. He was also the first person that I had interviewed for my website. (See here) 

Ron, thank you for all that you have done for Sharks and for the Marine world. Thank you for sharing your knowledge with the world and with me.

Valerie, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Farewell Ron, Farewell Dear Friend. 


No comments: